Happy New Year! Despite the holidays, the LFIA Riverside Committee has been busy tracking the Riverside proposal and issues of concern. Here's a brief recap:
- A great turnout at the City Council Zoning and Planning Committee (ZAP) meeting on 12/10 led to the City agreeing to undertake visioning, although we continue to have concerns about the process. See the recent article in the Newton Tab here: http://newton.wickedlocal.com/news/20181228/some-concerned-over-short-timeframe-of-riverside-visioning-process
- We greatly appreciate the efforts of our Ward 4 Councilors and everyone who turned out for that meeting in December. You made a difference!!
- We continue to meet with individual City Councilors to express our concerns about Riverside, in keeping with our mission to educate and advocate for community interests.
- A "sister" committee is being formed in Auburndale and will help to engage their neighborhood and work with us as we move forward.
- We have a new website in progress. Visit us at: https://newtonlowerfalls.wildapricot.org/Riverside-Committee
Want to help? You can volunteer, donate, or share your expertise. Email us at email@example.com.
Here's to a successful year ahead!
LFIA Riverside Committee